Business Development Representative – PET/SPECT/CT Imaging Products
At Scintica we are committed to advancing science by bringing new and interesting products to preclinical labs and assisting scientists with implementing these technologies into their research protocols. Our products include imaging modalities such as ultrasound, SPECT/PET/CT, MRI, bioluminescence/fluorescence, DEXA, photoacoustic, and intra-vital microscopy. We also offer physiological monitoring devices to measure blood flow velocity, tissue oxygenation, and microvascular function, as well as a selection of equipment and supplies for cellular and molecular biology.
We are looking for a highly organized, dynamic, outgoing, and motivated individual with a degree in the life sciences or biomedical sciences to join our sales team as a Business Development Representative focused on PET/SPECT/CT imaging portfolio. These products are used in preclinical research labs and include our stand alone 3D PET/CT systems, 2D PET and SPECT systems as well as PET inserts for simultaneous imaging of PET and MRI. Scintica is a relatively young and rapidly growing company, selling and supporting a variety of sophisticated scientific equipment, and can offer significant opportunities for growth and professional development including travel and extensive opportunities to learn about new areas of scientific discovery. We offer a base salary commensurate with experience, sales commissions, RRSP matching plan, and a health benefits program.
Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Utilize all available means to identify prospective customers for our PET/SPECT/CT imaging products including publications databases such as PubMed, institutional websites, customer referrals, social networks, etc.
- Search for grant awards using public databases such as the NIH RePORTER and also platforms such as SciLeads to identify prospective customers who may have been awarded funding for capital equipment similar to those in the Scintica product portfolio
- Proactively perform initial outreach to prospective customers by email, phone and through social media channels
- Monitor public tenders and bid notifications for postings related to PET/SPECT/CT imaging products as well as other capital equipment relevant to Scintica
- Work collaboratively with the Product Manager to respond to quote requests and product inquiries (incoming phone calls, website contact forms, leads from scientific conferences and exhibitions, etc.)
- Document customer interactions in the company customer relationship management (CRM) software platform, create opportunities and schedule appropriate follow up
- Assist with the planning and coordination of on-site meetings and/or product demonstrations
- Update and manage the Mendeley reference manager database to include any recent publications citing equipment manufactured by our growing list of clients
- Assist with scientific content creation and distribution through our website and various social media channels including LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook
- Conduct virtual presentations where possible
- On occasion, perform on-site demonstrations with the guidance of the Product Manager
- Participate in trade shows, conferences and workshops as required
- Gain an understanding of the competitive landscape and how to position our solutions to succeed in winning high value sales.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of how to apply and configure various technologies to best meet customer needs.
- Foster and nurture strong customer relationships
Supporting resources available to you directly will include scientific and technical support, infrastructure and systems, sales administration and access to training facilities. Other members of the Scintica sales and marketing team will also work closely with you to support your efforts as required.
Future career progression can include more senior sales responsibilities, product management and more involvement in our marketing initiatives. We have an ambitious growth plan which will provide an opportunity for a motivated individual to come on board while we continue to establish ourselves at the grassroots level.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A degree in the life sciences, biomedical science or engineering, cellular/molecular biology, or similar
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Skills and abilities that are considered a high priority include:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate with a scientist, as a scientist, and to understand their research
- Effective presentation skills to deliver complex information confidently, to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Highly motivated and process-oriented
- Excellent computer skills
- Can work well under pressure and manage changing priorities and timelines
- Positive professional attitude, wanting to learn from new and challenging opportunities
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team player
- Attention to detail
- Experience with preclinical imaging systems would be an asset
- Knowledge of rodent anatomy and physiology would be an asset
- Understanding of PET, radiochemistry, SPECT, and radioactivity would be an asset.
- Experience with small animal practices and techniques – Animal Care and Handling, including Anesthesia would be an asset
- Previous experience in sales or customer success would be an asset
- Additional language skills are an asset
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com